KNX devices offer a lot of configuration options depending also on the manufacturer of a device. In order to make use some or all of them, you can simply, from the 'Devices' view, select the device you want to configure by tapping on it (1).
The 'Device Details' view is then shown.
In this view, you can see the following information:
- Name : This is the name of the device. You can change it at any time.
- Description: You can put a description text for this device. E.g. installation notes.
- Program name: This is the name of the Application Program that is used by the device.
- Program version: This is the version of the Application Program that is used by the device.
- Individual Address: This is the unique identifier of the device in the installation. In ETS Inside, it is automatically assigned and cannot be modified.
- Change Date: The date where the last modification on the device configuration has been made. It is automatically set when making a modification.
- Download Date: The date where the last download of the device configuration has been made.It is automatically set when downloading a device.
- Serial Number: This is the unique identifier of the device, which has been inserted by the device manufacturer.
Moreover, if there are any device channels defined (by the manufacturer of the device) they will be listed here as well, under the 'Channels' list. By tapping the 'Objects' link, you can see all the default device 'Objects', and by tapping on them, you can see if there is any Group linked already.
To change the configuration of a KNX device, tap the 'Parameters' link. You will see a list of parameters that can be changed. A changed parameter is highlighted with yellow colour. If you tap the yellow button you can see the previous value of it. To save a changed parameter value, just tap anywhere on the screen after having changed the parameter value.
There are many cases, where an option shows a new 'Object' in the 'Object' list. E.g. When the parameter 'Function of outer left LED' is set to 'Status (via separate object)' then a new 'Object' is created.
The newly created object can now be found in the list of available objects.