If it is not possible to open a project in ETS, then there might be three reasons:
- Corrupt project data in the ProjectStore
- Installed ETS license is not sufficient
- The project import/export mechanism was bypassed
Unfortunately due to some issues with previous ETS5 versions, ETS project data can get compromised, i.e. these projects seem to be lost. There is however good news, in most cases such 'lost' project can be recovered. In general, we strongly recommend to install the latest ETS5 version. If despite having installed the latest ETS5 version the problem remains, then follow these steps:
1. Zip the 'ProjectStore' folder.
Default location: C:\ProgramData\KNX\ETS5\ProjectStore.
2. Attach this zip file in your report about the issue.
3. Indicate the name of the project(s) (and the project password if any) to be recovered in the report.
If the zip file is bigger than 20MB please use a file transfer service like www.WeTransfer.com or www.Dropbox.com and include the link in your report.
The project contains more devices than the license type allows. In this case, it needs to be ensured that the dongle contains a license that permits to open the project. Verify the amount of devices as explained here.
If the project in the list is grayed out and this message appears upon opening it:
The project was not imported on that computer.
Then the project import/export mechanism of ETS was bypassed, which is not allowed, see here for more details: Data storage. To resolve this issue (and in case project export is not possible): follow the procedure from section 1.