Since Windows 8.1 KNX USB interface issues can occur because of the Windows automatic sleep mode for USB ports.
The solution is to install a fix that prevents Windows to go into sleep mode for any connected KNX USB interface.
- needs to be installed per connected KNX USB interface
- only works on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- requires administrative rights
- requires a Windows restart
The same problem occurs when the entire Windows 8.1/10 operating system itself goes into sleep mode (e.g. closing the notebook lid), the solution in this case is to:
- install the fix
- to unplug and re-insert the USB interface ONCE after the Windows 8.1/10 wake-up