If a project cannot be opened in ETS then our advice is to perform the following test: create a new database and a new project.
If the problem does not occur with the new database, then the original database seems to be corrupt, in that case: replace it with the most recent backup. It might in this context, also be necessary to uninstall some/all of the plug-ins and to remove some/all of the plug-in related directories and to re-install ETS.
In order to re-install ETS properly follow this procedure:
- uninstall SQL Server 2008 R2 (via control panel)
- uninstall ETS4
- re-install ETS4: link
Details to uninstall ETS4:
- open Control Panel, then double-click Add or Remove Programs
- select the SQL Server component 'Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2' to uninstall, and then click Change/Remove. This will start the SQL Server Installation Wizard
- setup Support Rules will run to verify your computer configuration. To continue, click OK
- on the Select Instance page, use the drop-down box to specify the instance 'KNXETS4' of SQL Server to remove, or specify the option to remove only the SQL Server shared features and management tools. To continue, click Next
- on the Select Features page, specify the features (select all) to remove from the specified instance of SQL Server. To continue, click Continue
- removal rules will run to verify that the operation can complete successfully
- on the Ready to Uninstall page, review the list of components and features that will be uninstalled
- the Setup Progress page will display Setup status
- on the Completing Setup page, click Close to exit the Installation Wizard
- optional: Select the SQL Server component "SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client" again to uninstall and click Change/Remove
- optional: Delete the directory 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.\KNX\ETS4'