KNX Training centres have the possibility to distribute ETS Lite licenses at special training centre rates in the account of the students who are following a KNX course. This is typically done if the KNX certified training centre wants to offer the ETS license as part of the training course package.
How can a KNX training centre distribute ETS Lite licenses to its students?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to distribute ETS Lite licenses (including dongle) to your students prior to/during a KNX certified course.
- Purchase the ETS Lite licenses directly from your MyKNX account.
- Once you have paid the order, all ETS Lite licenses will be shown in your MyKNX account under My account / My Products and all dongles will be shipped to your training centre.
- At this point in time, you will have no ETS Lite licenses in stock yet. In order to add ETS Lite licenses to your stock go to My account / My Training Centre / Stock and click on Add to stock.
- The purchased ETS Lite licenses can be found under the Add to Stock window. These licenses are marked as Not in Stock. If you want to distribute the ETS Lite licenses to your students, then you need to add these licenses to your stock by selecting the corresponding check boxes and to click on the button “Add to stock”.
A brief explanation to the terms used in the above picture:
- Licenses in stock: these are licenses which have been added by the training centre to the stock
- Licenses available for stock: this means that there are 151 ETS Lite licenses, which can be set as “distributable” and put in “stock”.
- In use: These licenses have already been used. These licenses cannot be added to the stock anymore.
- You can see in the overview that 4 licenses have been moved from Licenses available for stock to Licenses in stock.
- Create your KNX course.
Please note the following:
- The maximum number of students cannot be more than the number of available licenses in stock. This means that you cannot add more than 4 students if you want that in this course, all students get an ETS Lite license (see bullet 1 in picture above).
- Select this option if you want that all students in this course receive an ETS Lite license. This means that the license distribution procedure is defined at the course level and hence it is not possible to state which students should not receive an ETS Lite license (see bullet 2 in picture above).
- Once you confirm a student to the course, the ETS Lite license is automatically transferred to the student’s account.
- The training centre now has to hand over one of the ETS Lite dongles that he has received from KNX Association to the student(s).
- The student now only has to enter the host ID of the dongle that he has received from the training centre in his MyKNX account