KNX Training centres have the possibility to distribute ETS Lite licenses at special training centre rates in the account of the students who are following a KNX course. This is typically done if the KNX certified training centre wants to offer the ETS license as part of the training course package.
How can a KNX training centre distribute ETS Lite licenses to its students?
- Send an email to email@example.com if you want to distribute ETS Lite licenses (including dongle) to your students prior to/during a KNX certified course.
- Purchase the ETS Lite licenses directly from your MyKNX account.
- Once you have paid the order, all ETS Lite licenses will be shown in your MyKNX account under My account / My Products and all dongles will be shipped to your training centre.
- At this point in time, you will have no ETS Lite licenses in stock yet. In order to add ETS Lite licenses to your stock go to My account / My Training Centre / Stock and click on Add to stock.
- The purchased ETS Lite licenses can be found under the Add to Stock window. These licenses are marked as Not in Stock. If you want to distribute the ETS Lite licenses to your students, then you need to add these licenses to your stock by selecting the corresponding check boxes and to click on the button “Add to stock”.
A brief explanation to the terms used in the above picture:
- Licenses in stock: these are licenses which have been added by the training centre to the stock
- Licenses available for stock: this means that there are 4 ETS Lite licenses, which can be set as “distributable” and put in “stock”.
- In use: These licenses have already been used. These licenses cannot be added to the stock anymore.
6. You can see in the overview that 4 licenses have been moved from Licenses available for stock to Licenses in stock.
7. Create your KNX course.
Please note the following:
- The maximum number of students cannot be more than the number of available licenses in stock (25). This means that you cannot add more than 25 students if you want that some of your students get an ETS Lite license. In our course, the maximum students that can attend the course is set to 4. (see bullet 1 in picture above).
- Select this option if you want that some of your students in this course receive an ETS Lite license. This means that the license distribution procedure is defined at the course level. (see bullet 2 in picture above).
- Please note that the “stock” option shall be selected before the course starts and there are no students registered for this course. It is not possible to select “Stock” once the course has started and you have confirmed a student to the course!
- If several courses are marked with “stock” for a total of x students, then you have to make sure that you have this total number of ETS Lite licenses in stock. If not feasible, then you have to make sure that “Stock” is not selected and when approaching the actual date of the course, you set this course as “Stock” without confirming the student first.
8. Once you confirm a student to the course, a dialog box will appear in which you are asked whether an ETS Lite license from your stock shall be transferred to this student. Select “Yes”, if you want that an ETS Lite license is transferred from your stock. The ETS Lite license is automatically transferred to the student’s account.
Whether a license has been transferred can be seen in the following course overview. Moreover, it is possible to export in an Excel sheet, all the ETS Lite licenses that have been distributed for that specific course:
You will also see that the amount of the reserved licenses has been decremented by one in the Stock view:
9. The training centre now has to hand over one of the ETS Lite dongles that he has received from KNX Association to the student(s).
10. The student now only has to enter in his MyKNX account, the dongle ID that he has received from the training centre.