Other Manufacturer Tool versions:
- If 5.6 BETA is installed: this must be uninstalled first.
- If 5.0 or 5.5 is installed: it will be replaced by 5.6.
- If 4.x is installed: 5.6 can be installed in parallel.
The Manufacturer Tool set-up offers 2 install modes:
- we recommended to install .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher before running KnxManufacturerToolSetup.exe
- if no internet connection is available: the installation might fail (e.g. because Microsoft updates cannot be installed)
- in the folder where KnxManufacturerToolSetup.exe is placed: there shall be a redist folder, which shall contain VS_IsoShell.exe (this is the 'Visual Studio 2013 Isolated setup') - alternative: run this file in advance
- the resulting stand-alone application will be based on Visual Studio 2013 Shell
- The Manufacturer Tool will be integrated into Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 Professional, 2017 Community or higher.
- That administrator rights are required during setup.
- The initial start of the Manufacturer Tool will take longer, because the Visual Studio metadata will be updated.