Released 23 November 2017
Version 5.6.0, build 407
- Base = XML-Scheme 1.4
- Supported ETS target versions:
- 3.0 - 3.0c (vd3)
- 3.0d - 3.0e (vd4)
- 3.0f (vd5)
- 4.0 - 4.1 (XML-Scheme v1.1)
- 4.2 (XML-Scheme v1.1)
- 5.6 (XML-Scheme v1.4)
- Target versions no longer supported:
- 5.0 (XML-Scheme v1.2)
- 5.5 (XML-Scheme v1.3)
1.2 Other changes
For an overview of what is new in XML-Schema v1.4, please see the chapters marked with a red star in the Manufacturer Tool Help file.
1.2.1 Project System and Build
- New feature: 'Add as Link' is now implemented again (as it was in MT4).
- Bug fix: merging vd files did not produce the correct result if one of the vd files contained 'additional product attributes' like e.g. Color.
- Bug fix: maximum text lengths were not checked when adding translations in “Combined product database” projects.
- Bug fix: OutOfMemory exception on big Merge Project.
1.2.2 General UI
- New feature: filter function in table view (enable via context menu on column header). See help file for details.
- New feature: For a MTXML file, multiple windows can now be opened. This is an interesting alternative to the Split Windows function if multiple monitors are available.
- New feature: Better UI for the drag and drop functionality. It is now clearer if the drop is on an item or between two items. Also, dropping before the first and after the last item in a collection is now easier.
- Improvement: In the 'Go to ..' menu items, now the 'friendly' type name is used instead of the XML type name.
- Improvement: For Rename elements, the Name is now displayed in the tree if available
- Bug fix: Default Values inherited from Parameter into ParameterRef are now displayed in grey in the table view.
- New feature: ComObjectRef/Roles can now be entered manually or selected from a list (from knx_master).
- New feature: when exporting translations, the target language is now included in the suggested export file name.
- Bug fix: 'Referenced by' did not find references via TextParameterRefId.
- New feature: The object list in the preview can be grouped by channel. The full tree structure (ParameterBlock/@ShowInComObjectTree) is however currently visible only in ETS.
- New feature: In the ETS5 parameter dialog preview, context help display can be switched on and off (like in ETS 5.6).
- New feature: Download preview with/without CustomerAdjustableParameters.
- Bug fix: MT did not warn when adding or removing elements from a registration-relevant list.
- New feature: warning if parameter calculations use the (deprecated) language VBScript.
- New feature: medium type plausibility check (Hardware2Program/@MediumTypes against ApplicationProgram/@MaskVersion).
- New feature: for target ETS3, either all or none of the parameters shall have a DisplayOrder.
- New feature: double translation elements are now detected.
- New feature: warn if there is no translation for the inline language.
- New feature: Stricter check of ApplicationProgram/@MinEtsVersion against target version of MT project.
- New feature: The check for missing translations now displays a summary warning (stating how many translations are missing), plus details for the first 10 missing translations.
- New feature: Allow to suppress specific warnings.
1.2.5 Command line
- New feature: When creating a test project, the name of the generated project and the Individual Address(es) of the included device(s) can be specified.
- New feature: Import of binary data ('S19') is now available via the command line.
- New feature: Registration export/import is now available via the command line.
1.2.6 Smart Copy
- New feature: Button (Text, Strings in the JSON parameter object, Numbers in the JSON parameter object)
- New feature: A new string replacement type 'Increment' is added. See help file for details.
- New feature: Auto-increment is now available also for the string replacement type 'Regex'. See help file for details.
- Bug fix: When copying a top-level When, replacement rules for Channels can now be given.
1.2.7 Performance improvements
- Loading large MTXML files
- Loading MTXML files with lots of translations
- Translation checks
- Translation import
- Check which many parameter calculations
- Smart update
- New feature: For initial differential download data, a new XML based import method can be used; this is the same method that has been introduced to support the new optimized property download feature. The XML file can be created either during the device development process (the XML schema is documented), or by reading out a device with the new ExtractExFactoryImage tool.