One of the requirements for organizing a KNX course is that the tutor has followed a KNX Tutor course and has successfully passed the KNX Tutor exam. The KNX Tutor course can be followed at KNX training centres which are accredited for the organization of KNX Tutor courses (KNX++ training centres). A successful participation to the KNX Basic and Advanced course is a prerequisite in order to be admitted to the KNX Tutor course.
Each KNX training centre needs at least two fixed or mobile training rigs containing devices suitable for realizing the following functions:
- Switch actuator
- Dimming actuator
- Shutter actuator
- (Combination of the above)
- Sensors with functions to 'switch', 'relative dimming' and 'drive control (shutter)'
- Line coupler or alternatively IP router
- Power supply
|Example of a mobile KNX Training rig||Fixed training rig + computer (= workstation)|
- Computer of the tutor shall be equipped with an ETS Professional license. On the student’s PC at least an ETS Lite shall be installed
- Projector, smart board or similar media equipment