By definition, a segment is any equipment being electrically connected together.
In this case a segment is a collection of TP1 devices that are electrically connected together.
In order to set up a TP1 segment a PSU and a TP1 choke is required.
TP1-64 vs. TP1-256 devices
The maximum capacity (= number of devices that can be connected) of a TP1 segment is time related, i.e. when was the installation realized:
- Before November 2017
- only TP1-64 devices could be used
- '64' simply means that maximum 64 devices of this type can be connected together
- From November 2017 onward
- both TP1-64 and TP1-256 devices can be used
- TP1-64 and TP1-256 devices shall however not be mixed with one segment
- in case of TP1-64: maximum 64 devices of this type can be connected together
- in case of TP1-256: maximum 256 devices of this type can be connected together