Most of the ETS Panels (or 'views') foresee in a search function. The search function becomes active after entering the first character of the search item. Up to 15 search items are saved, the newest always on top.
Found items are highlighted in yellow.
The ETS 'Replace' function is based on the ETS 'Search' function and only operates on the actual selected items, i.e. in order to be replaced the item needs to fulfill the search criteria and needs to be selected.
- not case sensitive: a finds Address
- partial match: swi finds Switch
- strings vs. single characters: a y finds relay and Address, ay however only finds relay
- strings between quotes: "output 1" does not find output and does not find 1, it however does find e.g. Output 11
It is also possible to search explicitly within columns. The actual search criteria need to be combined with an indication of the column. Multiple column search is also supported.
The indication of the column:
- follows the same rules as the actual search criteria: not case sensitive, partial match
- can also be done with the column index: most left column = 1
- name:Dimmer media:RF or nam:Dimmer med:RF
- finds in the column 'Name' the word Dimmer + in the column 'Media' the term RF
- 1:.3. dimm
- finds in the most left column all items with .3. (e.g. all devices of line 3) + the word Dimmer in 5 additional columns
- if a specific column is indicated then only in that column will be searched and hence only in that column found items will be highlighted in yellow
- if no specific column is indicated then all columns will be searched and hence in all columns found items will be highlighted in yellow