The purpose of this app is to print device-specific project information on stickers. These stickers help once applied to (visually) distinguish them, this is especially in case of similar devices (BCU, DIN-rail modules) important in order to mount them properly.
- connected printer
- installed MS Word 2007 or higher
- define the content to be printed
- select the print template
- ETS provides under Settings two print templates and a (KNX) logo and it is possible to use customized print templates and logos.
- Labels can be created via the context menu from the following elements - if they at least contain 1 device:
- Topology root element, Area, Line, Device
- Building root element, Building/Building part
- Building root element, Trade
- Group Objects
- Device root element (Devices window)
- The following items can be printed on the label:
- Individual Address
- Application Program
- a logo
- Customized templates
- This requires knowledge about designing Labels in MS Word.
- These are in short the steps to follow in MS Word in order to create customized labels:
- prepare: start Word and make the selection under 'Mailings'/'Start Mail Merge'
- create: select the label and manufacturer, if already available, continue with step 4
- define text field information
- add image
- update labels
- save labels