This article covers the following topics
- Generating and downloading the license from your MyKNX account
- Installation of the license in ETS Inside
- ETS Inside installed on the same computer as ETS5 v5.5.3?
- Plug into the ETS Inside server the KNX USB Licensing dongle that you have received by KNX Association.
3. On the 'Settings' window, tap 'Licenses' to go to the licensing section. On the right side, you will see your dongle ID (3). Write this down, as you will need it in the next step to obtain your license.
5. Type in field 'Product License' (1) the dongle ID that you can see in the "Licensing" window of the ETS Inside. Once you fill it in, press the 'Add key' (2) button in order to generate your license.
6. After having pressed the 'Add key' button, you will see a link having your dongle ID (3). Clicking the link, triggers the license download. The license file is put into a zip file and is downloaded in the default 'Downloads' folder of your browser.
How to locate the download folder in...
7. Open the zip file of the license...
8. ... and copy/extract it to the root folder (e.g. C:\, J:\ and not C:\License\ or J:\Licenses\).
You can also use a simple USB storage drive, but then you need to have at least two USB ports available in the ETS Inside server. Moreover, network drives are not supported.
10. Follow step 2 in order to go the 'Licensing' section. Then tap the 'Add license' button (4). ETS Inside starts searching for *.license files in the root folders of all connected drives and installs them all in the KNX USB Licensing dongle.
Please note that if there is no KNX USB Licensing dongle found, then the 'Add license' button is disabled. Moreover, there is a warning message when license files are found, but no new licenses have been added (most likely all found licenses had been previously added).
11. The license installation make take some time, depending on the number of connected storage drives and on their size. As soon as it is completed, the license will appear under the dongle ID (5).
You have now installed the Full version of ETS Inside and you can work with it!
If you have installed ETS Inside on the same computer where ETS5 v5.5.3 is installed, and you get an error message when trying to open a project that ETS Inside is not licensed although you have connected a dongle with a valid license for ETS Inside, please close ETS5 (if open) and restart the computer.