ETS supports displaying product-specific help (in the form of a CHM file) from the parameter dialog.
To provide basic help support
- Enter the name of the help file (as a path relative to the baggage root directory [CommonFiles]EIBA sc\Baggage) into the HelpFile property of the application program
- The HelpFile name is a translatable property, so a different help file can be entered for each supported language
- To distribute the help file, you may add it as Baggage to the product data
To provide context sensitive help support
- Perform the basic steps above ·In each ParameterBlock element, enter a HelpTopic ID. This is a numeric identifier that serves as target in the help file. This IDs have to be coordinated between the HelpSystem author and the user of the KNX Manufacturer Tool.
- If the HelpContext IDs are created within the KNX Manufacturer Tool, they can be exported using the Export Help Contexts command for use in the Help Authoring environment.
- To verify that all context IDs defined in the product data are in fact present in a help file (*.chm), use the Check Help Contexts command.
From ETS 5.6 on, it is also possible to show short help texts directly in the parameter window, see Provide Help.