About the line, line address and Individual Addresses:
- All devices, except for the interface, have the same default Individual Address, being 15.15.255.
- The address of the Line 'x.y' can via 'Settings' be defined, i.e. by choosing the Area address 'x' and Line address 'y'.
- The Line cannot be the Backbone Line or any of the Area Main Lines, i.e. the Line addresses 0.0, x.0 or 0.y cannot be chosen.
- The Individual Address of the (KNXnet/IP) interface is automatically set to x.y.255, e.g. if the Area address = 2 and the Line address = 7 -> the IA of the interface = 2.7.255.
About the KNXnet/IP router:
- The IP multicast address of the KNXnet/IP interface is set to 220.127.116.11 and can be changed via 'Settings'.
- 18.104.22.168 is a for KNX Association officially registered IP multicast address (at IANA).
About the KNXnet/IP interface:
- The IP address of the KNXnet/IP interface is set to 127.0.0.1 and cannot be changed.
- 127.0.0.1 is the IP address of the so called 'loopback' interface, which is used to access the network services running on the local host (i.e. this very computer) and bypasses any local network interface hardware.
- The IP port of the KNXnet/IP interface is set to 3671 and can be changed.
- 3671 is a for KNX Association officially registered IP port (at IANA).