From EITT 4.3 onwards it is possible to perform KNX system conformance testing (compliance to the features of the KNX OSI layers) based on test templates that are part of the EITT program and are automatically updated from the KNX server, should these be modified by KNX Association.
The video that can be accessed here demonstrates how to create executable test sequences based on the EITT test templates for all the AIL & Management tests defined in Volume 8/3/7 of the KNX Standard.
- How to find the templates in EITT
- How to view the template history
- How to enter the variables for these test templates in the related data sheet
- How to create executable test sequences based on the templates (here for testing TP devices)
- How hints are given to the user when creating such executable test sequences.
- How any changes to these executable test sequences are tracked, in order to reduce the validation effort of such sequences by KNX accredited test labs. At the beginning of each such sequence, the version of the template on which it was based is shown.
Note that if you wish to create executable test sequences only for part of the tests, then not the root shall be selected but the relevant branch (right mouse key and selecting "Create protected sequence for XX").