Affected device: dimming actuator (D0)
The developer mode of KNX Virtual makes it possible to load application programs (by using ETS) with the following requirements for the dimming actuator (D0):
- Manufacturer ID = FAh (KNX Association)
- Application number = 0000..FFFFh
- Application version = 00..FFh
This feature serves the purpose of creating and testing product catalog entries e.g. in the context of the Manufacturer Tool self-learning program.
Please note that a Manufacturer Tool license is required.
How to activate the developer mode
Use '/dev' as argument when starting up KNX Virtual from the command prompt or batch file. E.g.:
The effect is visible in the UI of KNX Virtual:
- in the title bar: 'KNX Virtual (dev)'
- e.g. in the 'Base' view: 'D0 (dev)'