Distinction between ETS6 setup and ETS6 licenses
1. There is only one ETS6 setup, which installs the 'ETS6 software package' or short 'ETS6' as demo because the ETS6 setup does not add a license.
2. Only after adding a license to the ETS6 software package, ETS6 becomes either:
- ETS6 Professional
- ETS6 Home
- ETS6 Lite
Create and download licenses via MyKNX for ETS6 and ETS6 Apps
There are two ways to license ETS6. The guided licensing, which requires an active internet connection only at the time of licensing and the manual licensing, which does not require an active internet connection at the time of licensing.
Guided licensing (only to activate the ETS6 license, NOT the Apps)
1. Download the ETS6 setup from MyKNX and install ETS6.
2. Plug the KNX USB Licensing dongle sent by KNX Association into the computer for which the ETS6 license needs to be activated.
If ETS6 has just been ordered, wait until the dongle is delivered by UPS.
3. Start your ETS6. The licensing guide is shown. Enter the MyKNX credentials from the account to which ETS6 can be found and click the 'Login' button.
An active internet connection is needed, thus if this is not the case, please use the manual licensing as explained here below:
- In case you have no MyKNX account yet, you can create one by clicking the respective link (Create New Account).
- If you have forgotten your MyKNX account password, you can reset it by clicking the respective link (Forgot Password).
- If you only want to use the software in Demo mode, click the 'Run Demo' button.
4. ETS6 connects in the background to the given MyKNX account, fetches and displays any available ETS6 licenses.
5. Select the license you want to activate and click the 'Activate' button.
By doing that, ETS6 starts licensed and can be used.
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as described in the Guided licensing.
2. Start your ETS6 and run it in Demo mode. Click on the 'Settings' button from the main toolbar on the Dashboard. Click afterwards on 'Licensing' in order to open the licensing window.
3. Within the licensing window, the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID is shown. It contains the word 'KNX-' and 8 hexadecimal characters. Press the 'Copy Dongle ID' button to copy it to the clipboard.
4. Sign in to MyKNX (https://my.knx.org). Open the 'Account-->Products' section. The obtained ETS6 and ETS6 App licenses are listed in the 'Licenses' section.
5. Go to the field 'Product Key' of the respective product(s) and paste the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID that you copied from ETS6 in step 3. Once pasted, press the 'Add key' button in order to create the license.
Create ETS6 and ETS6 App licenses
6. After clicking the 'Add key' button, a link named 'Download License' appears. Clicking the link, triggers the download of a zip file. This zip file contains the actual license and is downloaded into the default 'Downloads' folder of the browser. Select your browser in order to locate the download folder.
7. Extract the content of the zip file, this is a file with the file extension '.license' and with a file name based on this pattern: 'ETS6 <License Type><License Number><Dongle ID>', where <License Number> is the license number of the license to be activated and where <Dongle ID> is either the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID.
Add licenses in ETS6 (Professional, Home, Lite)
1. Start your ETS6 and run it in Demo mode. Click on the 'Settings' button from the main toolbar on the Dashboard. Click afterwards on 'Licensing' in order to open the licensing window.
2. Click the 'Add a license' button in order to locate the extracted license file.
3. Locate the license file, select it, then click the 'Open' button. The ETS6 license will be shown after a few seconds. The number of installed licenses changes also from '0' to '1'.
After licensing ETS6, the ETS6 license is only active if the KNX USB Licensing dongle is plugged to the computer, otherwise ETS6 is switched to demo mode.