In case projects to be imported are contained within an ETS database, they first have to be converted into ETS project files. This can be done with a separate tool, which is not installed during the ETS6 setup and can be downloaded frοm here:
This tool, converts the project(s) into the ETS4 file format, i.e. into a knxproj file.
The following database formats are supported by ETS Project Exporter:
The correlation between these file formats and ETS version(s) is as follows:
|File extension||ETS version|
|mdf, ldf & bak||ETS4|
|db||ETS3 & ETS2|
How to export
- Download and install ETS Project Exporter.
- Ensure that no ETS instance is running.
- Run the ETS Project Exporter (if there are plug-ins in the project, it could be necessary to run it in Administrator mode)
- Click 'Open' and select the database that contains the projects.
- Once all projects are loaded, select those to be exported and click 'Export'.
- Select the folder where the project should be exported to and click 'Save'.
ETS Project Exporter is free of charge, i.e. there is not any licensing applied and will export any project, regardless of ETS licensing.