If you upgrade from ETS5 to ETS6 or within the same ETS version from ETS Lite to ETS Home or Professional, you will NOT receive a new dongle. Still, it will be necessary to activate the dongle you already have for your new ETS6 version via the ETS6 software. This way you will have both, the ETS5 and the ETS6 license on this dongle. Be aware that this will only last until you apply for a replacement dongle due to loss or other reasons. Then you will get a new dongle on which the old ETS5 license can no longer be installed because you have officially upgraded it.
How to do this
- Insert your dongle and start your ETS6 Software
- The licensing guide is shown.
- Enter the MyKNX credentials from the account where ETS6 can be found and click the 'Login' button.
An active internet connection is needed, thus if this is not the case, please use the manual licensing as explained in this article ETS6 license activation
- In case you have no MyKNX account yet, you can create one by clicking the respective link
(Create New Account).
- If you have forgotten your MyKNX account password, you can reset it by clicking the respective link (Forgot Password).
-If you only want to use the software in Demo mode, click the 'Run Demo' button.
ETS6 connects in the background to the given MyKNX account, fetches, and displays any available ETS6 licenses.
Select the license you want and click the 'Activate' button.
By doing that, ETS6 starts licensed and can be used.