From September 2021, the rules indicated in the license agreement (which all customers have to agree upon during the online order) will be strictly applied:
The transfer from a private user to another private user will no longer be accepted by KNX Association. (see license agreement “The Licensee does not have the right to rent, lease, sub-license, sell, distribute, loan or otherwise let out the Software to third parties”). KNX Association can exceptionally accept a transfer when the motive is considered as a valid reason. In this case, it is mandatory that the actual owner sends us a license transfer request to firstname.lastname@example.org., using the e-mail address registered in his MyKNX account.
KNX is aware of the fact that many companies are not allowed to order online and that in such cases they will rely on resellers. Before you make an order for an end-customer, contact us first via email@example.com to verify if the product you want to order is allowed for that end-user (some products have restrictions). Once the purchase is accomplished, the reseller will need to request a license transfer via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will analyse the situation of both parties and if everything complies with the requirements, we will accept the transfer. Make sure you insert all requested information for a fast and successful license transfer (see this point below).
As company licenses could be bought with either a personal account or an organization account, a possible license transfer has to be considered more in detail below. From September 2021 we strongly advise ordering company licenses via a company account (organization). Always verify internally if such an organization account has already been created, if you doubt please call us at +3227758590, and we will check this for you. This avoids the creation of multiple organization accounts for the same company. Please also read Personal account & organization account
The following rules apply for the transfer of company licenses:
- A user with a company license in his personal account can transfer the license to the company (organization account). If not existing, such an organization account should be created first:
How to create an organization account. Then address a transfer request to email@example.com
- A user with a company license in his personal account cannot transfer the license to another personal account even if this person is from the same company > the receiver of the license should always be an organization account therefore it is mandatory to create first an organization account How to create an organization account. Then request a transfer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A company (organization) cannot transfer a license to a personal account or another organization (exception can be granted by KNX on request)
- A company (organization) can transfer a license to another branch of the same company
For a fast and successful license transfer
If your license transfer request belongs to the possible license transfers we mentioned above, address a request to email@example.com and make sure you provide the following information for a fast and successful transfer:
- The MyKNX username of the owner
- The license number(s) you wish to transfer, ex. license 9000001234567
- The MyKNX username of the receiver
It is mandatory that the request is sent from the actual owner using the e-mail address registered in MyKNX.