KNX Association offers two options for educational purposes at special rates:
You can choose between
1. School Starter Pack, or/and
2. Individual ETS6 licenses
Hereunder, you see ONLY the prices of the cloud-based ETS6 license type (without dongle).
If you want to order a dongle-based ETS6 license, an extra cost of €60 will be applied once you check the dongle option for your license during your online order. Choose wisely which license type suits best your needs in this support article > ETS6 Cloud-based or Dongle-based license type
KNX clearly recommends cloud-based licenses for schools to facilitate license management:
- directly activatable, no more waiting for dongle delivery
- no more loss or thefts of dongles
- no more replacement dongles
- no more shipping costs
- better price
1. School Starter Package // €1200
A regular or non-certified training centre is eligible for purchasing one 'School Starter Package' for educational purposes. This package is limited to one Pack per training centre and includes the following:
- 11 ETS6 Cloud-based software licenses (1 x ETS6 Professional, 10 x ETS6 Lite // without dongle).
If for some reason, a school wants dongle-based ETS6 licenses, the supplementary cost of 60€ will be applied per dongle-based license, there is no rebate possible on that. A comparison among the different software license types can be found in ETS6 Licenses
2. Individual school licenses
If you are not interested in the 'School Starter Pack', you still have the possibility to purchase any ETS6 license separately at the following rates:
- The ETS6 Lite at €100 instead of its regular price of €200
- Your first ETS6 Professional at €500 instead of its regular price of €1000.
Only the first ETS6 Professional license can be purchased at -50 % of its regular price.
Any additional ETS6 Professional license will be sold at the full price of €1000.
To request an offer, you need to follow the next point of this article.
How to obtain these:
1. First create a new MyKNX account for your school > How to create an account.
Insert the name and surname of a designated license manager and all school-related information as well as the school's website.
2. Address an offer request to email@example.com, mentioning your new MyKNX username, the ETS license, and the number of licenses you wish to order.
3. KNX will verify the type of training your school offers and if the school is eligible to receive our special school prices. If you fulfill the school criteria, we will set your account status to 'non-certified training centre'. This allocated status will settle the prices of the ETS6 Lite licenses in your online shop to -50%, meaning you will pay €100 instead of €200 every time you order an ETS6 Lite license via the online shop of your new school account. The ETS6 Professional licenses on the other hand will remain at their regular price, as a non-certified training centre can only get 1 ETS6 Professional at -50% via an offer to be requested.
As our offers are exclusively given to school accounts that only the school can access, no possibility for an intermediary reseller is given.
If you are interested in becoming a ‘KNX-certified Training Center’ please click here:
How to apply for becoming a certified training centre?
Advantages of setting up a KNX certified training centre
Furthermore, all prices are indicative and exclude VAT and/or shipping costs.
The actual prices are calculated upon ordering via MyKNX.