KNX Professionals installing KNX devices that have an impact on the proper functioning of HVAC components that in most cases are installed by a different company or person, must have sufficient knowledge on HVAC (technical terms and their implications) in order to be able to properly coordinate the work with the company that has installed the HVAC components.
The ultimate goal of the KNX HVAC Specialist course is:
- to lower the communication barrier with the heating/cooling engineer
- to explain important technical terms with regard to HVAC components
- to promote the KNX technology also in the HVAC market segment
The theoretical and practical part of the course is organized either F2F or online. The following topics shall be conveyed during the organization of a KNX HVAC Specialist course:
|No||Topics||Location||Number of hours|
|1||Basic Know-how||F2F / Online||1h, 40 min.|
|2||Heat distribution systems||F2F / Online||1h|
|3||Heat generators||F2F / Online||1h|
|4||Legal framework||F2F / Online||30 min.|
|5||To understand "Steering and adjustment"||F2F / Online||2h|
|6||Heating control||F2F / Online||1h|
|7||Domestic water heating||F2F / Online||30 min.|
|8||Energy efficiency with KNX||F2F / Online||4h|
|9||Theoretical exam||F2F||20 min.|
Requirements with regard to the KNX HVAC Specialist course
- The duration of the course shall be at least 12 hours;
- The student must pass the Basic course exam in advance in order to be admitted to the KNX HVAC Specialist course;
- All topics of the KNX HVAC Specialist course documentation shall be dealt with in the above-mentioned period of time;
- Theoretical as well as practical part shall be conveyed by a KNX certified tutor;
- One KNX tutor shall be available for every 16 students during practical classes;
- The proportion of practical classes shall be at least 50 % of the entire course duration;
- Student must pass the theoretical exam with minimum 50 % of the marks. The exam regulations can be found under Exam regulations for the different courses.
- The HVAC chapter from the KNX Advanced course (4h) contains valuable information, but is not enough to have a complete understanding of HVAC.
- The content of the certificate that can be issued for this course type shall be according to the sample certificate which can be found in the document ‘Annexes’ available on the KNX Cloud server.