Supported operating systems
The following operating system is exclusively supported for an ETS6 installation:
- Microsoft Windows 10 x32/x64 (Version 20H2 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows 11 x32/x64
Installation of software components
The software components required for ETS6 (e.g. the .NET framework 4.8) are not installed via the setup tool of ETS6. However, the setup informs that it is necessary to download and install those components (if they are not discovered during installation).
- If the target computer is connected to the internet, Windows will try to automatically check for updates, download and install them. During such updates, ETS6 setup will be interrupted.
- If the target computer is not connected to the internet, you will have to load those components from the installation CD/DVD or other medium and install them.
User access rights
ETS6 does not require administrator rights to be installed. Those are only required to install plug-ins. As long as you do not use any devices with plug-ins or the plugins are installed once, ETS6 runs with normal user rights.
The ETS6 setup already allows write access to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EIBA sc\Baggage' for the user group 'Everyone'. This is, for most plug-ins, sufficient for simply copying files. However, a lot of them also register COM classes, and even run MSI setups that explicitly request administrator rights. Since the plug-ins are not a software by KNX Association, but by the individual KNX manufacturers it is advisable to contact the respective manufacturers for any concern about the user access rights.
Non-supported interfaces and environments
- Serial RS232 communication ports are not supported.
- Installing and running ETS6 on a supported operating system in a virtual environment (such as Virtual PC, VM Ware, etc.) and/or via Remote Desktop is not foreseen. Working in such environments is at your own risk. In this case, warranty and support cannot be given by KNX Association.
- Linux, MacOS, and other not mentioned operating systems are not supported.