Hello! I'm new to KNX and I'm planning to setup my first KNX infrastructure for an existing building and I was wondering whether or not to do daisy chaining or some kind of hybrid topology.
Please see the image below:
I want to get from the technical area to several rooms on 2 floors (~5 rooms per floor) and in each room there are several KNX devices (5-10). As I see things there are 3 approaches that I could follow:
A) Daisy chain from KNX device to KNX device
- CONs: there will be lots of connections, drilling in the walls
- PROs: easy to debug, seems to be the most popular
B) Daisy chain, but do a loop in each room
- CONs: lots of cable being used, cables on the exterior
- PROs: the topology seems cleaner as the entry and exit in each room is clearly defined (so it's future proof - the exterior cable can be easily replaced)
C) Junction boxes (similar to electrical wiring)
- CONs: seems not to be popular for KNX topologies, requires space for mounting the junction box
- PROs: reduced cable length, fewer connections
Any advice for this? Are there any best practices that I could follow here? Do I miss any CONs/PROs?