This article covers the following:
- Supported operating systems
- Installation of software components
- Non-supported interfaces and environments
The following operating systems are exclusively supported for an ETS5 installation:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 x32/x64
- Microsoft Windows 10 x32/x64
The software components required for ETS5 (e.g. the .NET framework) are not installed via the setup tool of ETS5, when the target computer runs on a Microsoft Windows 8 operating system. However, the setup informs that it is necessary to download and install those components.
- If the target computer is connected to the internet, Windows will try to automatically check for updates, download and install them. During such updates, ETS5 setup will be interrupted.
- If the target computer is not connected to the internet, you will have to load those components from the installation CD/DVD and install them.
- Serial RS232 communication ports are not supported.
- Installing and running ETS5 on a supported operating system in a virtual environment (such as Virtual PC, VM Ware, etc.) and/or via Remote Desktop is not foreseen. Working in such environments is at your own risk. In this case, warranty and support cannot not be given by KNX Association.
- Linux, MacOS, and other not mentioned operating systems are not supported.