This article covers the following topics:
The following project file formats are supported by ETS5:
The correlation between these file formats and ETS version(s) is as follows:
|File extension||ETS version|
|knxproj||ETS4 & ETS5|
How to import
Basically there are two ways to import a project: directly and indirectly.
Directly: via an (exported) project file. Click the 'Project import' button from the ETS dashboard. Select the project file to be imported and click 'Open'.
Indirectly: the project(s) to be imported are contained within an ETS database, proceed as described here.
After a project import, any connections that have been set for a line are used for the bus access.
Regarding licensing & import
ETS licensing is not checked upon project import, i.e. any project can be imported.
ETS5 exports project only in the ETS5 project format, i.e. as knxproj file (*)
How to export
- Open ETS and select the project(s) to be exported.
- Click the 'Export' button and select the folder where the project(s) shall be exported to and click 'Save'.
Any connections that have been set for a line, are included in the export as they are an integral part of the project.
Regarding licensing & export
ETS licensing is checked upon project export:
- Demo license: projects with maximum 5 devices can be exported
- Lite/Home/Full license: projects of any size can be exported
- ETS Inside license: projects of any size can be exported (**)
(*) Such file can always be imported in ETS with the same or higher version, never in an older version.
(**) From ETS5 v5.7 onward