KNX RF devices, as KNX TP devices, can offer different programming modes:
- KNX RF S-Mode (System Mode) devices require a computer with the tool ETS to be configured.
KNX RF E-Mode (Easy Mode) devices can be configured without the need of a computer (i.e. push buttons, specific controller…).
Technical difference between S-Mode and E-Mode:
- Devices contain (individual) Group Objects
- Devices are linked by manually assigning Group Addresses to Group Objects, via ETS
- Devices contain E-Mode Channels
- Devices are linked by automatically assigning Group Addresses to E-Mode Channels
- Linking is based on connection codes, one per Group Object
- Group Address assignment is done via a controller
- Group Address assignment is done via onboard push buttons