Released 12 July 2016,
Version 5.5.0, build 302
- Supported connectors: Falcon.NET supports USB EMI1, USB cEMI, KNXnet/IP Tunneling, KNXnet/IP Routing and KNX RF. KNX Association decided to no longer support serial interfaces.
- .NET application vs. COM server: in contrast to Falcon 2.x, which is implemented as COM server, Falcon.NET is implemented as .NET component, which has to be integrated into the actual application, i.e. each application has to deploy its 'own' Falcon. This is the reason why 'Falcon 5' is also referred to as 'Falcon.NET'.
- Licensing: Falcon.NET does not include any licensing.
- Setup: XCOPY deployment is supported. Parallel installation to Falcon 2.x is possible.
- x64 support: it is possible to use Falcon .NET as x64 process and as native x64 client component.
- Logging: improved logging concept, e.g. only one log file is used.
- Limitation: access to device and KNX system critical (write) operations is only available for the KNX member (manufacturer) edition of Falcon.NET.