In most cases, extra files (drawings, PDFs, etc.) are required for complete project documentation. ETS offers the possibility of storing project related files within the ETS project.
When a project is exported, all associated project files are also exported in the same export file. If a project like this is then imported to another ETS computer, all associated project files will be restored locally after the import.
- Each attached project file increases the project file size accordingly. For example, attaching a 20 MB PDF file will make the size of the project file increase by nearly 20 MB. With very large project files, the time required for an import/export or copy to/restore from archive is considerably increased, because these project files must then also be extracted or copied.
- The project file as such is compressed, which means that project files which can be compressed well, will have less effect on the project file size.
- The maximum size of all project files may not exceed 200 MB.
- To add an attachment, click the respective area 'Add attachment'.
- To delete an attachment, hover over the respective file tile and click the button 'Delete'.
- To extract an attachment, hover over the respective file tile and click the button 'Extract'.
- To edit the description of an attachment, hover over the respective file description and click the edit button with the pencil.
For bulk actions (e.g. bulk delete), check the file tiles and click the respective button from the sidebar.