When copying items, a dialog is shown offering several options to paste the clipboard elements (when using the Paste Special setting for copy operations).
The following section only appears when copying Devices, Areas, Lines, Building Parts and Trades, but not when only copying Group Addresses.
This section is used to define how Group Addresses should be dealt with in the copy target.
Group Addresses from the source will not be copied to the target (consequently, the Group Objects in the target are not linked to any Group Address).
Group Addresses from the source will be identically copied to the target (the Group Objects in the target have the same Group Addresses as the source).
- If the Group Address to be copied from the source is not present in the target, the Group Address is created in the target.
- If the Group Address to be copied is already present, the Group Object from the source...
- ... is assigned to this Group Address, if no linked Group Object is present
- ... is assigned to this Group Address, if there is a Group Object present and the bit width is compatible
- ... is assigned to a new Group Address, if there is a Group Object present in the Group Address but the bit width is incompatible
Create new Group Address in Group Address Range ...
In a definable Main Group and Middle Group (3-level Group Address style) or in a group range (free-level Group Address style), new Group Addresses will be generated. Group Addresses defined in the source by means of the 'central' flag will be taken from the source identically and therefore are not subject to this rule.
The following section appears when copying Group Addresses, but also when choosing the third option (Create ...) in the dialog above.
Generate Address (Copy Strategy)
|1||Fill up (use first free)
*#1 is the fallback method if one of the other methods (#2-#4) can't be performed (e.g. for address range overrun or address position already occupied).