This article covers the following topics
- Distinction between ETS5 setup and ETS5 licenses
- Create and download licenses via MyKNX for ETS5 and ETS5 Apps
- Add licenses in ETS5 (Professional, Lite, Supplementary)
1. There is only one ETS5 setup, which installs the 'ETS5 software package' or short 'ETS5' as demo because the ETS5 setup does not add a license.
2. Only after adding a license to the ETS5 software package, ETS5 becomes either:
- ETS5 Professional
- ETS5 Supplementary
- ETS5 Lite
1. Download the ETS5 setup from MyKNX and install ETS5.
2. Plug the KNX USB Licensing dongle sent by KNX Association into the computer for which the ETS5 license needs to be activated.
If ETS5 has just been ordered, wait until the dongle is delivered by UPS. If the shipment needs to be located then click here.
3. Start your ETS5; ETS5 starts in Demo mode. Click on the 'License: Demo' in order to open the licensing window.
4. Within the licensing window the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID is shown. It contains the word 'KNX-' and 8 hexadecimal characters. Select it and then press the 'Copy' icon to copy it to the clipboard.
5. Sign in to MyKNX. Open the 'My account-->Products' section. The obtained ETS5 and ETS5 App licenses are listed in the 'Licenses' section.
6. Go the field 'Product License' of the respective product(s) and paste the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID that you copied from ETS5 in step 4. Once pasted, press the 'Add key' button in order to create the license.
a. Create ETS5 licenses
b. Create ETS5 App licenses
7. After clicking the 'Add key' button, a link named after the Dongle ID appears. Clicking the link, triggers the download of a zip file. This zip file contains the actual license and is downloaded into the default 'Downloads' folder of the browser.
How to locate the download folder in...
8. Extract the content of the zip file, this is a file with the file extension '.license' and with a file name based on this pattern: 'ETS5 <License Type><License Number><Dongle ID>', where <License Number> is the license number of the license to be activated and where <Dongle ID> is either the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID.
1. Start your ETS5, ETS5 starts in Demo mode. Click the item 'License: Demo' in order to open the licensing window.
2. Select the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID and press the icon in order to locate the extracted license file.
3. Locate the license file, select it then click the 'Open' button. The ETS5 license will be shown after a few seconds. The number of installed licenses changes also from '0' to '1'.
After licensing ETS5, the ETS5 license is only active if the KNX USB Licensing dongle is plugged to the computer, otherwise ETS5 is switched to demo mode.