This article covers the following topics
- Generating and downloading the license from your MyKNX account for ETS5 and ETS5 Apps
- Installation of the license in ETS5 (Professional, Lite, Supplementary)
1. Download and install ETS5 (Professional, Lite, Supplementary) from your MyKNX account.
2. Plug into the computer with the installed ETS Professional the KNX USB Licensing dongle that you have received by KNX Association.
If you have just ordered ETS5, you have to wait until you receive the dongle by UPS. Need to locate your shipment? Click here.
3. Start your ETS5; ETS5 starts in Demo mode. Click on the item 'License: Demo' to open the licensing window.
4. Once open, the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID is shown. It consists of the word 'KNX-' and few alphanumeric characters. Select it and then press the 'Copy' icon to copy it to your clipboard as you will need it to generate your license.
5. Visit MyKNX and sign-in in your account. Go to 'My account-->My Products' section. You will find the ETS5 or ETS5 App license or the that you have previously bought, under the 'Licenses' section.
6. Go the field 'Product License' of the respective product(s) and paste the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID that you copied from ETS5 in step 4. Once it is pasted, press the 'Add key' button in order to generate your license.
a. Generating license for ETS5
b. Generating license for all ETS5 Apps
7. After having pressed the 'Add key' button, you will see a link having your dongle ID. Clicking the link, triggers the license download. The license file is put into a zip file and is downloaded in the default 'Downloads' folder of your browser.
How to locate the download folder in...
8. Open the zip file of the license and extract its content. The result should be a '.license' file similar to that 'ETS5 Professional-LicenseNumber-KNX-DongleID.license' where 'LicenseNumber' is the license number of the license to be activated and the 'KNX-DongleID' is the KNX USB Licensing dongle ID where the license is going to be installed.
1. Start your ETS5 again; ETS5 starts in Demo mode. Click on the click on the item 'License: Demo' to open the licensing window.
2. Select your KNX USB Licensing dongle ID and press the icon in order to locate the previously extracted license file.
3. Locate the license file, select it and then press 'Open' button. Your ETS5 is now licensed! You will see that the number of installed licenses changes from '0' to '1'.
After licensing ETS5, you always have to plug in the KNX USB Licensing dongle in a USB port of your computer to use ETS5. Keep in mind that without the KNX USB Licensing dongle, your ETS will starts in demo mode.