Fingerprint = Application Program identification.
In some cases, there are different versions of one and the same Application Program. A fingerprint could be required in the context of technical support, it could be requested by the manufacturer in order to identify the Application Program.
Fingerprints can be retrieved as follows:
- Open the project
- Select the device
- Click under device properties (sidebar) the 'Information' tab
- Click the 'Application' tab
Within this tab it is also possible to
- Change the Application Program
- Update the Application Program
- have a data length of 16-bit
- are based on information from the product data
- are based on information form the master data (*)
- covers only product elements relevant to KNX certification. Translations added to an existing product afterward are therefore not included.
- consequence: it is possible that fingerprints for the same device differ by ETS version
- master data: contains general KNX system related information