In case an ETS update is required for a computer that is behind a proxy server, the Windows proxy settings shall be set accordingly for that computer in order for ETS to connect to the 'update server'.
Set up a proxy
- Open Windows settings (WinKey+I) and search for 'Proxy'.
- Enable the 'Use a proxy server' option
- Enter the server address in the 'Address' field
- Enter the IP port in the 'Port' field
Set up the credentials for the Proxy Server
- Open the Windows settings (WinKey+I) and search for 'Credential Manager'.
- Under Windows Credentials, add a new entry for Windows Credentials
- Enter the proxy server address (without the IP port number), the domain user name and the password
After this, it should be possible to make use of the proxy server via these provided credentials.
It might be required to (temporarily) deactivate the 'Use a Proxy Server' setting when the ETS computer is not behind a proxy server anymore.