ETS command line start-up also accepts arguments. With these arguments, a user can specify actions that are to be executed after ETS has been started. The following actions are supported:
- Open a project
- Create a project
- Delete a project
- Check a project
- Import a project
- Install an ETS App
- Start the Group/Bus Monitor
- Exit ETS
/project="name of the project"
- Opens an existing project with the specified name from the ETS Project Store
- (Optional) In order to open password-protected projects, an additional argument /password="Password" shall be added.
- Opening a password-protected project without providing a password, opens the project password dialog in order to be manually entered.
/createproject="name of the project"
- Creates a new project (same function as in the standard project creation dialog), with the following default settings:
- Backbone Medium: IP
- Topology: Create Line 1.1.
- Group Address Style: Three Level
- (Optional) A password to protect the project can also be set via the extra argument /password="Password".
/deleteproject="name of the project"
- Deletes an existing project from the Project Store. Please note: there is no warning or undo action available.
/projectexists="name of the project"
- Checks if there is an existing project with the specified name in the ETS Project Store.
- The return value indicates the following:
- Projects exists: return value = 1
- Project does not exist: return value = 0
- After this ETS closes automatically, i.e. there is no need to add the /quit argument.
/importproject="path of the project"
- Imports a project into the ETS Project Store.
- (Optional) In order to import password-protected projects, an additional argument /password="Password" shall be added.
- Importing a password-protected project without providing a password, opens the project password dialog in order to be manually entered.
- (Optional) An additional argument /project can be added in order to also open a project.
/appinstall="path of the ETS App\*.etsapp"
- Installs an ETS App represented by the specified *.etsapp file.
- Define the interface to be used:
- not related to a project: via the 'Bus' tab in the ETS dashboard
- project related (see also optional): set the interface in the project first
- see also this article
- Starts the Group/Bus monitor either in the dashboard or within a project.
- (Optional) This argument can be combined with:
- /project="name of the project"
- /createproject="name of the project"
- If no project has been specified and if the presentation setting 'Re-open latest used project' is active, then the latest used project will be opened, else monitor will start from the dashboard.
- In order to start Bus monitor in stead of Group monitor, add this argument:
- Closes ETS after executing all other command line arguments.
- ETS will however not close despite the /quit argument if at least one of the other command line arguments caused an error.