All installed ETS Apps can be started from the 'Apps' main toolbar menu. Two types of ETS Apps can be distinguished:
- Standard ETS Apps
- Integrated ETS Apps
Standard ETS Apps open a new panel when invoked, Integrated ETS Apps behave differently and hence do not open a new panel. Most Integrated ETS Apps will open a dialog when invoked, in order to explain the usage of the ETS App, i.e. it contains a link to a Help Centre article.
Display and information
All ETS Apps have a specific icon, this icon is combined with other visual elements in order to indicate the current status of the app:
- Licensed and activated: no extra visual elements added.
- Not licensed: indicated as disabled and marked with a 'Lock' icon.
- Incompatible: indicated as disabled and marked with an '!' icon. Incompatible are those ETS Apps that require ETS running in compatibility mode. (ETS runs by default in x64 mode)
Please note that Device Configuration Apps (DCAs) are not listed in this menu. If a device requires a DCA then this is only via a separate device tab (besides the 'Group Objects' and the 'Parameter' tabs) available.
The Apps menu has three sections:
- Pinned ETS Apps: The upper section contains a list of the currently pinned apps.
- Most recently used ETS Apps: Underneath this section, the most recently used apps are listed.
- ETS Apps grouped by vendor
Pinned ETS Apps
An ETS App can be pinned or unpinned, by clicking the pin icon in the respective menu entry. When an ETS App is pinned, a new entry of the pinned ETS App is inserted as the last entry in the list. When unpinned, it is removed again.
Most recently used ETS Apps
When running an ETS App, a new entry of the respective ETS App is inserted as the first entry in the Most recently used ETS Apps section. This section can contain up to five entries. Always the fifth entry is removed from the list. The Most recently used ETS Apps section filters out the currently pinned ETS Apps, i.e. it only contains unpinned ETS Apps.
ETS Apps grouped by vendor
When an ETS App is installed an entry containing the vendor's name is added to the menu, additionally installed ETS Apps from the same vendor will be listed underneath this menu entry.