A company that wishes to develop a KNX compatible product that is configurable in ETS (Engineering Tool Software) and branded with the KNX logo shall meet certain requirements prior to launching this product on the market:
- Become a KNX member as explained in Become a KNX Member.
- Sign the IPR License agreement. The IPR License agreement governs the handling of intellectual property rights owned by the member companies of KNX Association, which are necessary for the development of a KNX compatible device.
- Sign the Trademark license agreement. The Trademark license agreement governs the use of the KNX logo on registered/certified products.
- Comply to ISO 9001 in the Scope "Design, Manufacturing and final product inspection/testing"
- Exception 1: In case the KNX member has developed a Main product of which the stack and physical layer is already certified, then the KNX member does not have to be ISO 9001 certified. In this case, the KNX member may take recourse to a subcontractor that complies with ISO 9001 for the above-mentioned scope.
- Exception 2: In case the candidate member wants to sell OEM products, then it is not required that this company is ISO 9001 certified.
- Assign the 'Certification Coordinator' role to the person who will manage the product registration/certification in MyKNX.
- Request a unique manufacturer code as explained in Manufacturer Code
- Buy the latest version of the KNX Manufacturer Tool: This tool is required for creating ETS product data entries, i.e. knxprod files. If necessary, this work can be subcontracted to another member or licensee.