1. Automatic creation
Upon project creation ETS automatically sets the filter tables of all involved Couplers per Group Address.
If Group Address 'A' is the link between a Group Object of a device in line 1.1 and a Group Object of a device in line 15.15 then the Line Coupler 1.1.0, Backbone Coupler 1.0.0, Backbone Coupler 15.0.0 and Line Coupler 15.15.0 are the involved Coupler. ETS will automatically set (not download!) the Filter Tables of these four Couplers. If later on also a Group Object of a device line 1.2 will be added to the Group Address 'A' then ETS will update the filter table of the line coupler 1.2.0 too.
2. Manual editing vs. dummy devices
The automatically created filter tables only contain those Group Addresses strictly required by the actual building functions. For a visualization system however such Filter Table could be incomplete, in that case there is the possibility to edit filter tables manually:
- In the Topology view select the Line where the visualization system is connected to
- Click the 'Information' tab in the sidebar under 'Properties'
- Add the required Group Addresses manually
The effect of manually editing filter tables can however because of the automatic Filter Table creation, be undone by any user actions that involves Group Addresses. It is therefore recommended to use dummy devices instead of manually editing Filter Tables:
- Add one or more dummy devices to the line where the visualization system is connected to
- via the device parameters add the required Group Objects
- assign the required Group Addresses
3. Filter table preview
Before the actual download it is possible to check the virtual filter tables, this can be done via the Coupler context menu.
4. Device info
Reads out the latest downloaded Filter Table from the Coupler's memory: this can be done via the Coupler context menu.