In order to export the product data for translation, please follow the procedure below:
1. Open the product data file (mtxml) containing the element to be translated (e.g. an Application Program) and select the element to be translated (all child elements will be included automatically).
2. Go to the 'Translation' menu from the main tool bar by clicking 'Edit-->Translation-->Export Translation'
3. Then the 'Export options' dialog is shown, where you have to select several options concerning the translation format and content.
Regarding the file format, the available options are:
- ETS3-compatible ETA (CSV)
- ETA (CSV)
- XLIFF (XML)
For more information on the file formats, see here.
Regarding the content of the file containing the translations, the available options are:
- Only the selected unit (Application Program, Product, Catalog Section or Catalog Item)
- Or 'All the translatable texts in Project'
- Export also invisible items (items that are not visible in the user interface)
Then you will have to select the 'Source language', which will normally be the default language of the element, but can also be any other language that is already completely translated.
The dropdown menu shows only the available languages.
Last step is to select the 'Target Languages'.
If you have selected any type of '.ETA', then you can select multiple languages to be included in the same file, while the '.XLIFF' option allows only one target language to be included in the file.
4. Once the previous steps are done, then press the 'OK' button. You will be requested to select the location where the translation file will be saved. Select the directory, enter the name and press 'Save'.