In order to register a new ETS App, click the 'Register a new App' button on the 'My ETS Apps' section.
This name will be visible in the KNX Online Shop. It shall comply to the following rules:
- Only Latin characters are allowed.
- It shall not solely exist out of capital characters.
- It shall not contain less than four and not more than thirty characters.
- It may contain numbers and symbols, but it shall not solely exist out of numbers, neither shall it solely exist out of symbols.
The name must also comply with the ETS App - Member agreement. Once an ETS App is validated, its name cannot be changed.
An ETS App may only be one of the following types, which relates to its validation costs.
- Standalone ETS App
- Commercial or technical repackaging
- Device Configuration App
For more information about the ETS App types & Pricing, see here.
The category is an attribute that is added solely to classify an ETS App among the other ETS Apps in the KNX Online Shop. An ETS App may only belong to one of the following categories:
- Graphical Project Design
- Project Export
- Project Design
- Project Documentation
- ETS Commissioning
- Device Configuration Apps
- In-App purchase
- Project Management
An ETS App may run in ETS4 and/or ETS5. These are the constraints:
- ETS App built using ETS5 SDK, then it is only available (i.e. can be installed and licensed) in ETS5 or higher.
- ETS App built using ETS4 SDK, then it can be available (i.e. can be installed and licensed) in ETS4, ETS5 or higher.
The checkbox indicates the ETS App's availability.
The distributor of the ETS App shall provide a meaningful description of its functionality. The first step is to select the language in which the description will be provided, the next step is to provide the actual description. The minimal required description language is English. Additional languages can be added at any time. The supported languages are the languages available in MyKNX:
The description must comply with the ETS App - Member agreement.
As stated in the App Principles, the applied business model of an ETS App is defined by the distributor of the ETS App. The radio buttons define whether the ETS App will be free of charge or payable.
When the requested information is completed, the user shall declare to have accepted the terms and the pricing concerning ETS Apps, and then complete the registration by clicking the 'Register ETS App' button.