In order to transfer already configured KNX/IP interfaces (KNXnet/IP or EIBlib/IP) to ETS5, follow these instructions.
From ETS3/ETS4 to ETS5
- ETS3/ETS4 and ETS5 shall be installed on the same PC.
- Ensure that neither ETS3/ETS4 nor ETS5 is running.
- Download the zip file made available at the bottom of this page and extract it.
- Execute the (extracted) tool.
- The tool copies Tunneling and EIBlib/IP configured interfaces, but NOT configured Routing interfaces. The EIBlib/IP interfaces can however only be used in ETS5 if also the EIBlib/IP App has been licensed.
- The tool merges the ETS3/ETS4 interface configuration file 'FalconConnectionManager.config' from the directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EIBA sc\Falcon' with the ETS5 interface configuration file 'BusConnections.xml' from the directory 'C:\ProgramData\KNX\ETS5'.
- If the file 'BusConnections.xml' does not exist yet for ETS5, then a new one will be created.
- During the merge, the tool does not check whether a connection already exists for ETS5. Consequently, by starting the tool several times, the connections can be duplicated, but they are however numbered (in order to keep the names of the connections unique).
From ETS5 to ETS5
- Ensure that the latest ETS5 version is installed on the the source and on the target PC.
- Open ETS5 on the source PC and go to dashboard and click 'Bus->Interfaces'.
- Under the 'Configured Interfaces' find and click the 'Export' button
- Save the BusConnections.xml, this is the file containing the configured interfaces, you will need to import this later.
- Open ETS5 on the target PC and go to dashboard and click 'Bus->Interfaces'.
- Under the 'Configured Interfaces' find and click the 'Import' button
- Select the BusConnections.xml file that you have previously exported and click 'Open'.
- The interfaces shall be visible on the target PC.