The decoding in the monitors can be done with the following ways:
Conditions for the decoding of the contents in the monitor.
|Extended KNX Datapoint Type Decoding||Enables the advanced Datapoint Type decoding (when referenced to a project) for the display of the contents of telegrams in the Info column (Details).|
|Use ETS App for Decoding||If one or more decoder ETS App(s) from KNX manufacturers are installed, the respective currently active decoder is selected here. A multiple selection or cascading (simultaneous execution, e.g. sequentially) of decoders is not possible.|
No project reference available or the Group Address is just plain not used in the project
In these cases, no definite information is available about the Group Address received (and the Group Objects assigned to it). A "basic" decoding at the bit-width level can always be performed when this width information can be ascertained definitively from the bus telegram. According to KNX specifications, these are bit-width values as of 1 byte*. Only in this case are the associated bit widths displayed (e.g. 1 byte).
* Not 0..6 bit Group Object types, because in this case, 6 different Group Object types are mapped via a single data width (1 byte) in the bus telegram.
With project context
With project context, the precedence is:
- The Datapoint Type manually selected in the monitor for this telegram
- If the Group Address is known in the project:
- the Datapoint Type assigned to the Group Address
- the Datapoint Type assigned to any Group Object where this Group Address is the sending Group Address (if more than one such Group Object is present, there is no specific rule which one to take - one of them is picked randomly)
- the default Datapoint Type (according to master data) associated with the size of the associated Group Objects (if there are any)
Projects with existing Group Addresses (bit width is known due to assigned Group Objects, no Datapoint Types assigned)
Display of the KNX default values from the KNX master data. Here, a default Datapoint Type value is defined for every bit width.
Projects with existing Group Addresses (bit width is known due to assigned Group Objects, Datapoint Types assigned)
Display according to Datapoint Types and their priority.
Manual (re-) coding can always be performed.
- Using the corresponding drop-down box.
- Decoding only applies to the selected telegram.*
- Decoding/value displayed only after leaving the field.
Multiple change is not supported, even if the next telegram or further telegrams have the same Group Address, this setting is not applied to them.