Interested and qualified third party tests facilities may enter into a bilateral co-operation agreement with KNX Association. As a prerequisite, such parties shall meet the KNX Requirements for the Accreditation of Tests Institutions.
- Any test lab wanting to become a KNX accredited test lab shall prove compliance to:
- ISO/IEC 17025 or
- ISO 9001 covering 'testing operation'
- Any test lab needs to indicate for which category of tests they are seeking KNX accreditation:
- a) For Interworking and Functionality tests and Verification of manufacturer test reports of Basic and System components: this is regarded as the basic accreditation, i.e. every test lab at least needs to qualify for these kinds of tests.
- b) Stack/Lower Layer tests, including Link Layer data part (whether or not including KNX Secure) for both end devices as well as routers.
- c) Physical Layer tests, including Link Layer physical part: this type of accreditation requires that the test lab is also accredited for tests under b).
- Any candidate test engineer working for the candidate KNX accredited test lab shall have successfully taken:
- At a KNX certified training centre, the Basic course exam if the candidate test lab seeks accreditation for a) above
- At a KNX certified training centre, the Tutor course exam if the candidate test lab seeks (additional) accreditation for b) above.
- At KNX Association, for any type of accreditation (a, b, or c), the KNX Test Engineer exam consisting of true/false statements related to the chapters of the KNX Standard relevant for the work of the KNX Test Engineer;
- For a KNX Test Engineer working at a KNX test lab seeking accreditation according a): Volume 3/7/1, Volume 3/7/2, Volume 4, Volume 5, Volume 6/30/1, Volume 7, Volume 8/7/1 and Volume 9/1, Volume 9/2;
- For a KNX Test Engineer working at a KNX test lab seeking accreditation according b): additional to the chapters listed above, all parts of Volume 3, Volume 6 and Volume 8 (except those related to Physical/Link Layer tests), Volume 9/3;
- For a KNX Test Engineer working at a KNX test lab seeking accreditation according c): additional to the chapters listed above, all parts of Volume 3, Volume 6 and Volume 8 (including those related to Physical/Link Layer tests), Volume 9/3.
In the context of the surveillance audit, the continuous competence of the KNX Test Engineer is checked, the concluded trainings/exams are not repeated.
- In case of staff changes, an accredited KNX test lab shall present an updated list of test engineers working on KNX testing projects, for which the test lab is accredited. For each new test engineer, an appropriate certificate as given in the Requirements shall be presented and an appointment shall be made for the new engineer(s) to pass the KNX Test Engineer exam.
- In the case of staff changes or where the test lab does not carry out a minimum of one test campaign every one and a half years, KNX Association has the right to carry out a surveillance audit within three months after notification to the accredited KNX test lab.
- Representatives of KNX accredited test labs are entitled to request participation in the KNX Certification Group as a permanent or corresponding member.