- The following documents shall be sent to the KNX Certification department to start the preliminary phase of becoming a KNX accredited test lab.
- Declaration of Intent: This is a simple declaration from the candidate test lab informing KNX Association that it has the intention to become a KNX accredited test lab. This declaration should be issued on company letter-headed paper and must be duly signed by a responsible person.
- ISO 17025 certificate or ISO 9001 (covering 'testing operation') certificate.
- Partner certificate and/or tutor certificate of the candidate test engineers, depending on the type of accreditation that the candidate test lab seeks.
- KNX Association will subsequently give access to the latest KNX Specifications.
- The candidate test lab shall in the meantime submit a support ticket to request the required conformity tools, i.e. EITT and ETS against membership prices without the obligation to become a KNX member company.
The Preliminary phase is limited to one year.