Available only for ETS4. The functionality has been integrated in the standard ETS functionality since ETS v5.6.5.
With the in ETS activated Long-term Recorder App, one can open KNX telegram files, which have been recorded by the Satellite Recorder tool.
Features & behavior
- Several KNX telegram files can be used at a time (opened one after the other), i.e. ETS prompts whether the content of the file shall be merged with the currently in monitor listed telegrams or to replace them.
- Upon opening a long-term recording, ETS decrypts the file and saves the recorded telegrams decrypted, i.e. as if were recorded directly via ETS.
Satellite Recorder is the separate tool that is made available once you purchase the App via MyKNX. Its purpose is to record KNX bus telegrams independently from ETS. Its benefit is the possibility to accomplish long-term recordings without the need to leave a (the) computer with ETS installed behind at the installation. The actual analysis of such long-term recordings can be done by opening them in ETS, if the Long-term Recorder App is activated.
Satellite Recorder can be installed on any computer that fulfills the ETS4 Software requirements. More than one instance of Satellite Recorder can run at the same time on one computer.
Settings & Features
The Satellite Recorder has the following settings/features:
- Recording mode: The telegram format corresponds to the ETS4 (xml) format, see also Bus and Group Monitoring.
- Language: The same languages as in ETS4 are available.
- Encryption: The recordings are saved encrypted and only ETS can decrypt the data, if the Long-term App recorder is activated.
- Scope: ETS monitoring, without however separate settings for the coloring of telegrams and the ability to open external recorded files or project assignments.