This article describes the principles of the following ETS App aspects:
The ETS App functionality principles can be summarized as follows:
- ETS App development is based on the ETS SDK.
- The features of an ETS App are only available after the app has been installed.
- Only after validation of KNX Association, ETS Apps can be made available in the KNX Online Shop.
- Each individual ETS App requires a license (see Licensing ETS5 & ETS5 Apps). However, ETS Apps can be installed without license, but in this case they cannot be invoked.
- Retrieving an ETS App license does not necessarily mean that a fee is charged. (i.e. free of charge order). The applied business model is defined by the distributor of an ETS App. (i.e. KNX member AKA 'ETS App developer'). DCAs are however always free of charge.
- The context of an ETS App is the ETS project, the context of a DCA is a device (or devices) from the same KNX Member within a project.
ETS Apps come with their own set of User Interface languages. The language availability depends on the ETS App distributor and is limited to the ETS available languages.
ETS App development options:
- Implement a proprietary language selection feature
- Use the standard ETS User Interface Language set (in order to synchronize, if required)
ETS does not have a standard fallback mechanism in case the ETS App User Interface language is not available for the currently selected ETS User Interface language. A fallback mechanism can however be implemented in the ETS App itself.