The article covers the following items:
- Requirements for using Online Catalog as manufacturer
- Prerequisites for Online Catalog activation
- Can a manufacturer assign a non-KNX member company the management of the products?
1. Requirements for using Online Catalog as manufacturer
In order a manufacturer to maintain his KNX products using the Online Catalog, the following requirements need to be met:
- Active KNX Membership.
- Active internet connection available only when uploading/updating the products or the product additional information.
- Active MyKNX account which is linked with the respective Professional account(s) of the the requested manufacturer(s) having the role 'Online Catalog manager' enabled.
- KNX product data files in 'knxprod' format available.
Need to convert product old ETS2/ETS3 databases to ETS XML (.knxprod) data? See here
It is not mandatory for a manufacturer to maintain all his KNX products using the Online Catalog. The amount of the available products in the Online Catalog can be decided by the manufacturer.
2. Online Catalog activation
If you are a new Manufacturer (joined KNX Association as KNX Member after 1st January 2016), then Online Catalog has been automatically activated in your Professional MyKNX account.
If you joined KNX Association as KNX Member before 1st January 2016, then please have a look here.
3. Can a manufacturer assign a non-KNX member company the management of the products?
Yes, this is possible. The manufacturer administrator can assign the respective 'Online Catalog manager' role to anyone having a MyKNX account. See here.