The article covers the following items:
- Requirements for using Online Catalog as manufacturer
- Prerequisites for Online Catalog activation
- Can a manufacturer assign a non-KNX member company the management of the products?
In order a manufacturer to maintain his KNX products using the Online Catalog, the following requirements need to be met:
- Active KNX Membership.
- Active internet connection available only when uploading/updating the products or the product additional information.
- Active MyKNX account with the respective Online Catalog role enabled for the requested manufacturer(s).
- KNX product data files in 'knxprod' format available.
Need to convert product old ETS2/ETS3 databases to ETS XML (.knxprod) data? See here
It is not mandatory for a manufacturer to maintain all his KNX products using the Online Catalog. The amount of the available products in the Online Catalog can be decided by the manufacturer.
Yes, this is possible. The manufacturer administrator can assign the respective Online Catalog role to anyone having a MyKNX account. See here.