As owner of one or more official products of KNX Association, you are entitled to request support for these. By creating a new support request, you agree to the underneath conditions.
The KNX Tools Software License Agreement continues to apply without restrictions.
- "KNX Association" shall mean KNX Association cvba with headquarters in Diegem/Brussels (Belgium)
- "KNX Support" tool accessible mainly via the ‘MyKNX’ platform to create/edit an own support request
- "KNX Product" according to the KNX Tools Software License Agreement a software of KNX Association
- "KNX ETS App" according to the KNX Tools Software License Agreement a functional extension to the ETS, developed by the KNX Association
- "Third Party ETS App" according to the KNX Tool Software License Agreement a functional extension to the ETS developed by a KNX member
- "Support Team" person responsible for handling a support case, this is generally a technician, can in some cases also be a software developer
- "Customer" rightful owner of at least a KNX Product with an own valid ‘MyKNX’ account
- KNX Support can be reached via the following channels:
- KNX Association does not offer hotline support; hence the Support Team cannot be reached by telephone. The employee from the Support Team can however get into contact by phone to the customer, should it be impossible to solve the matter at hand completely or immediately via KNX Support. This is however a unilateral decision by the Support Team.
Extent of Support
- KNX Support is only available for technical problems/questions that are directly related to a KNX Product and owned by the customer.
- KNX Support does not in any way include customer training. Consequently, questions related to the KNX System and software knowledge do not strictly have to be taken into account by the Support Team. For these types of questions or problems, the customer shall either address an official KNX training centre or acquire appropriate technical literature, e.g. via MyKNX. A further option is the use of the ETS eCampus.
- The Support Team will endeavour every reasonable means to solve a support case. In the case where a problem cannot be solved, the Support Team will suggest an alternative solution. In addition, the problem will be redirected to the KNX Tool Manager. When a KNX Product clearly has an error, a correction will be provided as quickly as possible. The Support Team is however not able to inform the customer on the possible date, on which the corrected version will be available. The same applies when no alternative solution could be suggested.
- Support for KNX ETS Apps is offered by the Support Team of KNX Association in KNX Support.
- Support for Third Party ETS Apps is provided by the respective KNX member, who is responsible for own ETS Apps as well as the corresponding support. The support on these ETS Apps is however exclusively handled via KNX Support.
- KNX Association cannot be held liable for any incorrect or incomplete information of the Support Team.
Limitation of use
- The Support Team provides assistance for recovery or restore of data that has become unusable or corrupt, however if the data turns out to be unrecoverable, the customer bears sole responsibility when not having backed up his data according to the generally applicable backup rules. KNX Association cannot be held liable for such situations and is not obliged to invest further time in an attempt to solve the problem.
- The Support Team does not provide assistance for operating systems not meeting the tool requirements. These requirements can be viewed via the official KNX Association Help Centre.
- The Support Team does not provide assistance for problems related to the individual PC equipment of the customer and/or its configuration or to the installed operating systems, if no direct relation to a KNX Product can be detected or is apparent. KNX cannot be held liable for such a situation and is not obliged, to invest further time in solving the problem.
- The Support Team does not provide assistance for problems related to KNX devices, when no direct relation to a KNX Product can be detected or is apparent. Problems with KNX devices are exclusively dealt with by the respective device manufacturer/provider.
- The Support Team cannot offer assistance for problems, which are related to not-certified KNX devices, even if the problem is possibly caused by a KNX Product.
- The Support Team generally answers within maximum two working days (based on the Belgian working calendar). Should this time not suffice, the customer will be informed in the respective support case. This for instance applies to Third Party ETS Apps, where the above timing cannot always be guaranteed.
- Depending on the type and complexity, the Support Team may transfer a support case to a software developer for further investigation. In this case, the timing given in paragraph (13) can be extended up to 10 working days.
- Regardless of the KNX internal support and surveillance system, the customer stays the sole responsible for his own support requests. Should a support case remain unanswered, the customer is responsible to inform the KNX Support Team about the missing answer in the corresponding support case.
- Communication with Customers is exclusively handled via KNX Support, including the possibility for data exchange (e.g. KNX Product diagnostic files). Should the amount of data unexpectedly be too large, an online storage access (or similar) will be offered to the Customer.
- Should the customer create a new support case for an issue that he already raised before, an automatically generated answer will be generated and the new case will be merged to the existing support case.
- For administrative support, the Support Team can answer support cases in the following languages: English, Dutch, French and German.
- For technical support, the Support Team can answer in English, however the Support Team can also answer in other languages depending on the topic and availability of the Support Team staff. Under certain conditions (e.g. absence of staff), the answer in other languages within the timing stipulated in (13) and (14) is not ensured and the Customer consequently accepts possible delays.
Duration and Termination
- This Support Agreement may be terminated to KNX Association upon three (3) months prior notice at the end of each quarter. From the moment of termination, the customer is no longer entitled to any further support described in the General Statement of this support agreement.
- The Customer shall not have any right to any indemnity or payment of compensation or damages in the event of termination of this Support Agreement.
- All rights not explicitly expressed by this Support Agreement are reserved.
Governing Law and dispute
- This Support Agreement shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Belgian Law without regard to any conflict of law’s provisions. The courts of Brussels (Belgium) have the exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of all disputes or controversies between KNX Association and the Customer.
- Requests for product recommendation cannot be accepted. KNX Association is not entitled to provide such information. Customers are in this case requested to consult the manufacturer information on the respective web sites or to establish direct contact with the KNX manufacturer.
Data handling and protection
- Depending on the type and complexity of a support case, the Support Team may request project data. This can either be data that is used by a KNX Product (e.g. exported project files or ‘Project Store’ files) or project related data (e.g. project reports, screenshots of the project within a KNX Product, etc.). By providing such data to the Support Team, the Customer automatically confirms that has received permission from the building owner to upload the project information and or relevant files.
- The Support Team treats the customer as well as the project data as confidential and will never disclose them to any third party, nor use them for commercial purposes. However, project data may be used by the Support Team for rectifying problems related to KNX Products either directly or indirectly.