Thank you for uploading a project to the KNX Project platform. Should any of these conditions not be met, your project will be removed from the KNX project platform.
Terms and conditions
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to submit a project.
This platform is for KNX projects only, other projects where KNX was not used will not be accepted.
You are allowed to upload multiple projects to the KNX Project platform as long as it concerns different projects. Double entries will not be shown.
By uploading this information, you confirm that:
- You have the explicit or implicit permission of the building owner to publish the required information on the KNX project platform.
- All information provided in your project application are true as stated.
- All images, documents, project files or videos you upload are part of the actual project and you are not infringing any copyright by uploading them here. All images you upload here can be used by KNX Association on this project platform, on the KNX website, on social media or in any other digital or printed media without your consent or without prior notification to you.
- Only you as the project uploader, and not KNX Association, will be held responsible for any complaints or legal actions taken due to uploading information that is either untrue, used without consent or infringing copyright.
KNX Association will review each project before putting it online and has the right to decline any project without liability to you or informing you about the reasons.
KNX Association has the right to use any of the uploaded information and pictures for promotional purposes, either with or without mentioning the source.
You may not post violent, nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive language, documents, images or videos via the platform.
The personal data entered by will not be used by KNX Association for commercial purposes or forwarded to 3rd parties. You have the possibility to add your contact details to your project to be shown online so potential customers can contact you. This is purely optional. Mandatory personal information like first name, last name and e-mail address, will only be used internally to contact you about your project or about the KNX Award contest. Your date of birth will be asked only if you apply for the KNX Young award to do an age check and will not be used for any other purposes.
You have the possibility to upload the ETS project file, this is not shown publicly and will serve 2 purposes:
- During the KNX Award application period, Jury members may consult it to get more information about the project.
- By uploading this you will have a backup of the file in your own MyKNX account.
This information will only be seen by KNX Association, Jury members and yourself.
For more information on how personal information is handled by KNX Association, please consult our privacy statement here.
KNX Award 2020 participation
Every 2 years KNX Association hands out awards to the smartest home and building projects. The KNX Award honours outstanding KNX projects in home and building control that set the tone worldwide in innovation and technical advancement. In 2020, this award will be granted for the 12th time. For a successful nomination, the size and volume of the installation are of lesser importance than:
- the multitude of included trades,
- the flexibility and expandability,
- the level of automatization and complexity of the installation,
- the user friendliness and the acceptance through the user,
- the convincing arguments for the client,
- the implementation of products from different manufacturers.
For the winner, the KNX Award is a magnificent marketing tool. KNX Association and its national groups will also put the Award Projects in the spotlights on all media.
One winner is selected in each of these 6 categories
- International Award: KNX projects worldwide
- Publicity Award: KNX projects that display the usefulness of KNX to the public
- Energy Efficiency Award: KNX projects that emphasize the idea of energy conservation
- Young Award: KNX projects, which are implemented by young people (also by trainees and classes)
- Special Award: KNX projects, that are highlighted by special characteristics
- People’s Choice Award: the project chosen by the KNX community amongst the nominated projects
The KNX Award 2020 is granted with € 1000 per category. Winners of each category will also receive the desired KNX trophy.
The winners will be chosen by a professionally qualified jury, based on the submitted project information and photographic material. The jury consists of neutral experts of the KNX world and the KNX Association. The jury takes its decision by simple majority, and can’t be challenged by the participants. An individual explanation cannot be given in case one doesn’t receive the award. The jury will come together in December 2019. Immediately after the decision of the jury, the five nominees of each category will be notified by e-mail. The peoples choice award voting will happen at a later stage, in early 2020.
Applications can be made at any time via the project platform at https://projects.knx.org:
- Only projects that mark their participation in the KNX Award in the project application will be considered.
- Only projects uploaded by the 30th of November 2019 at latest will be considered for the 2020 award edition.
- Projects uploaded after this deadline will be added to the projects list for the KNX Award 2022.
- The KNX Award Jury will evaluate all KNX Award projects in December 2019.
- In January 2020 the 5 nominees per category will be notified by e-mail. Participants who have not been nominated, will be informed by e-mail as well.
- The KNX Awards will be presented and handed out in Frankfurt, Germany during the Light + Building fair on the 10th of March.
KNX Award Application Terms
The following terms are extra terms specifically for the KNX Award application, next to the above mentioned terms and conditions for uploading projects on the project platform.
- Application is only possibly via https://projects.knx.org
- The final date for submission of the complete application will be 30 November 2019.
- he data can be handed in in English, French, German, Spanish or Dutch.
- The data concerning the participating projects will be taken from the project description. KNX Association isn’t responsible for incorrect or false data.
- You can choose maximum 3 award categories in your project application. KNX Association has the right to move your application to another category without notifying you.
Every system integrator, who at the time of the application had completed a working KNX installation and can show functional and fitting use of KNX certified products, can apply to the competition. The submitted projects had to be completed in the past two years. The participation to the competition and the granting of the prices will happen with the exclusion of legal action.
Legal steps aren’t allowed, neither against the pre-selection, nor against the decision of the jury. Members of the KNX Association and their employees can't participate in the competition. The submitted projects may not violate patents of others. KNX Association can't be held responsible for this. The participants will declare themselves to be in agreement, that the entered projects can be used for press publications by KNX Association International and the KNX National Groups.