To transfer a project from an ETS Inside server to ETS, ETS v5.6.5 and ETS Inside server 1.3.0 or newer should be installed. This functionality does not require a license, since it can also be done with ETS in Demo mode.
1. Open ETS and click the 'ETS Inside' tab.
2. Select the ETS Inside server from which the project should be transferred to ETS.
If no ETS Inside server is found, it can be manually added by pressing the '+' button and by filling in the IP address of an ETS Inside server.
Once the IP address and the port of the ETS Inside server are filled in the 'OK' button is pressed, the configured ETS Inside server can be found in the 'Configured Servers' section.
3. Right-click the ETS Inside server and select 'Download project' from the context menu.
4. Enter the ETS Inside Admin password, click 'Login' to confirm.
5. If the password is correct then the project download to ETS will start.
6. After download completion, the project is available for editing in ETS.
If there is a project in ETS with the same name then ETS will report accordingly, asking the user to confirm the action to be taken.
There are two options:
- Create a new project: ETS will first download the project from the ETS Inside server and then create a new project.
- Overwrite project: ETS will first download the project from the ETS Inside server and then overwrite the ETS project that has the same name.
7. Click 'OK' in order to confirm the action to be taken.