A student may retake the theoretical and/or practical exam max. 3 times. If the student fails all 3 exams, he/she has to attend the complete course again. Please note that the student is allowed to only retake the part he/she failed.
How to repeat the exam for the student?
- Select the 'Person' icon next to the course for which the student failed the exam.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the student who has failed the exam.
- Select Repeat exam.
- As this student only failed the practical exam, only the practical exam has to be repeated. Select Only practical and click on the button Submit.
- The theoretical exam result of the first exam will be automatically copied.
- The training centre now only has to enter the exam result of the repeated practical exam. Confirm the results.
- In our example, the student has now passed both the theoretical and the practical exam.
- Do not create a new course if the exam is retaken at another time. Go back to the course for which the student failed the exam and repeat the exam(s) there.
- The repeated theoretical exam will contain exam statements randomly selected by the exam tool.
- In case an offline exam has to be retaken, the KNX tutor has to click on 'Repeat exam', select 'Only theoretical' and download the second offline knxexam file.
- Consequently, this second offline knxexam has to be given to and taken by the student. Afterwards, the training centre must collect and upload the answer files of the second exam.
- It is not possible to retake one part of the exam (e.g. theoretical or practical part) at another certified training centre.